Local History

1954
Tribal land restored to Algonquins of Essex County.
1959
Town of Liosport established.
1975
Massive reconstruction of the “Old Town” District begins. Port harbor cleared out creating Sand Island.
1977
Construction of Old Town Cultural Center and Elder Heritage Recreational Facility finished.
1982
Liosport Fishing Company and Native Cultural Center founded.
1985
St. Brendan RC founded.
1987
Our Lady, Star of the Sea founded.
2000
Nine Kizes School for the Arts and Williamson Naval Academy founded.
2005
Marsh Primary School and Manuxet Academy founded.
2010
Construction began on Historic Train Station Museum.

Local History

Mythos Across America Erictono Erictono